Monday, July 18, 2011

So Much it Hurts

Today  
marked a
passage 
in our lives


You see, 
today
13.5 years 
flashed 
before our
eyes






The cherub like
chubby
adorable
cute 
bundle
of 
squishy
kissy
sweetness
Image combined of
me and
her 
father


That once 
I could hold
and 
enwrap
and 
surround
and 
hold onto





I had to let go

You're probably not old enough, fair reader
to remember the old Eastman Kodak commercial song:

"Turn around
and you're 
Two
Turn around
and you're 
Four
Turn around 
and you're a
Young man 
Going 
Out of the Door.

Yeah, I'm emotional.     
I love her.  
SO MUCH IT HURTS.

Today is different.
We dropped her off at camp. 
The house is still and quiet.  Somehow empty.
The puppies are wondering where she is.
I am left, alone
thinking about
the rest of my life.   And what will I do
if she ever leaves.  

Yep, today is a passage.

We were so excited that she was nervous.  
She wanted US to drive her to camp.
When we said goodbye she almost cried.

She loves US.
Still.
Despite us.
She loves us
and we love her

















so much it HURTS.

So in the meantime
I will work
and wait
and hope the time 
goes quickly
and then I'll
plan 
what we'll do
when she gets home
and it's all normal again.

Or...will it be?

No, 
I hope
it's not
normal but 
better.


Time goes fast, fair friend.  

Shower them with love while you can!   
Take every opportunity 
to show,
and share, 
and be 
with them.  

Your precious treasures.

Wait, not my precious treasure.
His, created in His likeness
and Image
for His purposes, 
and work
and glory.

But ours to love and cherish
and train, and lavish with love.

Yep, I love her So Much
It hurts.
Just wanted to share!


1 comment:

Page Clothier/A Velvet Leaf said...

I feel your pain! Been there.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...