Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shine, Grow, Reach, Flower, Fruit, Shine.......




Marnin' all! It is glorious here in south-eastern Texas, with a promise for Rain later today and scattered rain for the rest of the week. I was just on my front porch, talking to my husband, reading, considering, praying, reading, walking.... Such a wonderful wonderful time to be alive!

I wanted to share my thoughts and musings on this glorious morning. In the photos you can see two basic things: A) I am not a good photographer :) although I aspire to be, and B) I love plants and God's creation.

You know, they speak to me! Yes, they do. In fact, Psalm 19 says, "The heavens declare the glory of God and the expanse shows His handiwork. Day to day utters speech and night to night reveals knowledge." I love this! because it is true in my life. For me there is nothing better than to sit, quietly, and just look at nature which in this case would either be my front yard, my back yard, or wherever I happen to be driving at any given moment.

Today I was strolling my 12 x 40 front porch considering what I just read in Matthew 16 where Jesus so powerfully spoke to Peter who had just declared, "You are the Christ, the Son of God", and Jesus (who I am sure was filled with joy at Peter's declaration of faith), said to Peter...... "And on this rock (Myself) I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail". In the next sentence He then said, "And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven".

I sat there, reading, meditating, and had to get up and process. So much truth in such a few words. Worthy, my friend of meditating on! We are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus and I feel like the Church is only dimly and distantly aware of this.

I looked up and saw the lowly trumpet vine, an indigenous plant here in Texas. I have viewed it as an invasive weed in that it is everywhere....and just will not die. If I ever can find the root, it is hard to both discover and pull out.

But I keep it around for a couple of reasons: A) I at this time have not the inclination to do the work necessary, and B) when it blooms, the flower is such a beautiful orange, that I think, OK, well, there is beauty in this creation of God.

Today I observed it's tenacity; ever reach, ever climing, ever pushing towards the light which causes it to bloom. It never is content with the lower atmosphere; it seek the heights and the light and will not stop until it gets to the top. From there it blooms, flowers, and then the flowers fall to the earth far below and only then we look up and see how far it has come!

Her name is the Trumpet Vine, and lowly she be, yet tenacious, invasive, and would be ever filling this earth! We are called to be the same, my friend. Trumpeting the sound of the kingdom of God filling this earth realm, "On earth as it is in heaven". Let us take her example to heart.

Also notice my little tomato plants. I found a spot in my 1 acre kingdom, where the sun is strong enough, the duration is long enough, and the plants get what they need in that duration to flower, fruit and give me the delights of their produce.

The seed thought is this. Find a place where you will receive the light; long enough, strong enough, and of a duration where YOU will flower, blossom and then fruit. Be NOT content with the lowly estate of others around you; climb for the heights you were destined to attain! From there, flower, blossom, fruit and let your light so shine that others will also aspire to the light that you have beheld.

Finally, there is my lone hibiscus plant that bears these lovely colors. She is stationed at the northeastern corner of my front porch; a northern exposure. Separated from all others, she stands and puts forth the most exquisite colors and blossoms to delight me; her only admirer. In the winter she never freezes. In the summer she beholds her peers who are in a kinder location than she. She is spindly, with only 5 or 6 branches. She flowers according to the light that she has received. I will create a soap or a candle or something to emulate the beauty she has shown me! How could you ever get any more beautiful than something the Creator has made?

Today, my friend I want to encourage you to look for the things around you that edify, beautify, and endure in the midst of trial. Take them for examples as you reach for the light that your soul needs to flourish in these times.

Be blessed!





OK, technorati, this one is for you! bmcr6gsy24



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Trish's Soapy Blessings said...

What a beautiful blog entry! What a glorious pictorial comparison of how we should strive to be in the light.

You asked how I got my music on my blog site too.

Project Playlist. (projectplaylist.com) Sign up, pick your songs, make an album and publish it to your site.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...