Monday, June 20, 2011

EASY At Home Sunburn Relief

Ouch!  Do you have sunburn?  Relief may be as close as your spice or medicine cabinet!






The all-purpose household product strikes again! For large burns on your back or legs, (Or for kitchen fires ;) (see here) pour a half cup of baking soda in the tub and soak for at least ten minutes. If your burn is just in a small area (like your shoulders or arms), mix baking soda and icy water and apply to skin with a wash cloth. This multi purpose powder is highly alkaline and it also has antifungal properties to ward off infections.

Want extra relief?   Chamomile essential adds healing properties and I have a lovely blend just for babies, as well as a soft blend of chamomile, neroli and petitgrain that you can add a few drops to the bath for a true spa experience.   I can mix up either one of those blends; add some Vitamin E oil and precious aloe vera and jojoba oils for a true healing experience!  Just inquire within and I can fix you up real quick!



Our skin is so precious!  It is our largest organ. Although it looks great to have a tan like the stars, PLEASE don't do what I did on the beautiful sunny beaches of Southern California; please don't bake your skin!   One day you will truly regret it.   In general, stay out of the sun between intense  UV times of 10 AM - 2 PM, and if so, use a high SPF on your tender facial skin!   One day, you will thank me.......;)


Thanks for stopping by today, friend!  So glad to have you!


Have a GREAT week!

2 comments:

Kanelstrand said...

Baking soda has become my all time favorite for almost anything! I even started washing my hair with it! You can check my post here: http://blog.kanelstrand.com/2011/05/4-steps-to-your-natural-beauty.html

Kelly Ann Taylor said...

Oooh! I'll go check it out, Sonya!
Thanks for stopping by.....all the way from Norway!

Sonya has a great blog and a rocking Etsy store!

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...